- You can clean your pieces at home now and then, however, we recommend having your jewellery professionally cleaned and inspected every six months because home cleaning products do not replace professional cleaning.
- It also allows the jeweller to inspect your gemstone setting every 6 months to avoid any potential loss of gemstone. The settings can be delicate and move when knocked or caught on something.
- At Suhani Mara can polish and check any Suhani Mara jellewery anytime, FREE of charge. For any repairs, an additional cost would be incurred depending on the servicing needed.
100% pure silver is too soft for wearing; therefore, it is usually alloyed with other metals to make it more durable. It is the alloy of copper that causes Sterling Silver to darken over time. Sunshine, oxygen, skin oils, pollutants, and moisture in the air are the triggers that cause the chemical reactions that tarnish silver.
With proper care, silver doesn’t require routine cleanings.
Gemstones are all on a different hardness scale and depending on the gemstone, some can be more prone and sensitive to scratches. If minor scratches appear on some of your gemstone pieces, they can be polished out in most cases. Hot water and harsh chemicals should be avoided at all times when handling gemstones unless they are specifically made for gemstones.
Cleaning jewellery at home:
- Soap and Water – light cleaning; fill a small bowl of warm water with a few drops of mild dish liquid. Soak your jewellery, you can use a soft toothbrush for cleaning the gems and silver, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal and gemstones as they can cause scratching.
- Using a soft, lint-free cloth is an effective way to keep silver looking shiny and lustrous.
- Take extra care when cleaning soft gems like pearls, amber, and coral.